Do you think that after 2015 we will be oversaturated with comic book TV shows?
Comic TV shows now airing:
- The Walking Dead Sundays, 10/9c AMC
- Gotham Mondays, 8/7c FOX
- The Flash Tuesdays, 8/7c THE CW
- Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Tuesdays, 9/8c ABC
- Arrow Wednesdays, 8/7c THE CW
Comic TV shows premiering soon:
- Constantine October 24th 2014 NBC
- Powers December 2014 PSN
- Agent Carter January 2015 ABC
- Daredevil May 2015 Netflix
- The Strain Summer of 2015 FX
- Iron Fist 2015 Netflix
- iZombie 2015 THE CW
- Luke Cage 2015 Netflix
- Jessica Jones 2015 (?) Netflix
DMZ, Hourman, Preacher, Scalped and Young Justice are also planned.
It’s definitely a lot to watch, but at the same time, there also seems to be some variety. Here are some of the genres I’m anticipating:
- Horror/Suspense: The Strain
- Drama/Suspense/Action: The Walking Dead
- Horror/Mystery/Drama: Constantine
- Comedy/Horror/Drama: iZombie
- Crime/Drama: Gotham, Jessica Jones, Powers
- Spy/Action/Drama: Agent Carter, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Superhero/Drama: Arrow, Daredevil, The Flash, Hourman, Luke Cage, Young Justice
- Martial Arts/Superhero: Iron Fist
- War/Action: DMZ
Some shows will be a lot darker and more brutal than others. I don’t really think Jessica Jones will be comparable to Powers although they originally had the same writer, but both shows will definitely feature a lot of detective work.
The superhero shows are all about very different characters with distinct traits, professions and surroundings. Hopefully they will be given enough variety to succeed with their audiences.